ISU Chinese Night, Celebrating the Year of the Dog
The Idaho State University Chinese Students Association and the local Chinese community cordially invite friends and families from the Pocatello and nearby communities to celebrate 2018 Chinese New Year (the Year of the Dog) and experience the traditional Chinese culture at the ISU Chinese Night 2018.
The event will be held on Monday, Feb. 19 (Presidents' Day), starting at 6:00 pm and lasting to 8:30 pm, in the ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom.
The annual event, aimed at promoting culture exchanges and strengthening the diversity of the local community, will feature a dinner with authentic Chinese cuisines, followed by performances that include lion dance, Chinese folk dance and songs, long flutter fan dance, ballet, traditional Chinese music, piano solo, raffle, fashion show, etc.
ISU Chinese Night 2018
Celebrating the Year of the Dog
6:00-7:00 pm: Dinner with Chinese cuisines served
7:00-8:30 pm: Performance
1. Lion Dance. Opening Remarks and Introduction of Distinguished Guests.
2. Line Dance: “The Dazzling Chinese Folk Style”
3. Guzheng (Chinese Zither) Solo, “Girl’s Soul”
4. Children’s Programs:
a) Waist Drums
b) Vocal Ensemble, “Happy New Year”, “Little Dream”
5. Street Dance
6. Lyrical Ballet Solo
7. Solo, “Swan Goose”
8. Piano Solo, “Étude Op. 10, No. 12 (Chopin)”
9. Chinese Yo-Yo (Diabolo)
10. Chinese Folk Dance, “Beautiful Prairie My Home”
11. Erhu and Violin Duet, “City Moon”
12. Snake Dance
14. Long Flutter Fan Dance, “Full of Me”
15. Cheongsam and Chinese Traditional Fashion Shows
16. Chorus, “Tonight Is Unforgettable”. Conclusion Remarks.
Organized by ISU Chinese Student Association and Pocatello Chinese Community. Sponsored by ISU International Program Office, ISU Office of Student Affairs, and Fuji Japanese Hibachi & Sushi
Cost: Prices for tickets purchased in advance are $8 for ISU students, $9 for ISU faculty and staff, and $10 for the public. Tickets will be $10 each at the door for everyone. Children of age five or under are free for admission.
Beginning on Feb 12, 2018, tickets will be sold at the ISU Pond Student Union and Rendezvous Complex from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Phone: (208) 240-3741
1065 Cesar Chavez
Pocatello, ID 83201